by BERNAMA / pic by BERNAMA
The Health Ministry (MOH) today announced the lowest number of COVID-19 positive cases recorded since the Movement Control Order was implemented on March 18 with 31 cases reported as at noon today.
Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (picture) said so far, the number of daily cases continued to show a falling and sometimes horizontal trend.
He said the achievement was the result of the proactive and aggressive actions of the government in curbing the spread of COVID-19 before and during MCO.
“The measures ensure MOH was able to accommodate the number of COVID-19 patients including capacity of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and the availability of ventilators in hospitals.
“MCO also helps to reduce interaction between members of the community and reduce the infectivity of COVID-19,” he told the daily COVID-19 media conference here today.