KUANTAN: Tourists have been advised to leave Taman Negara and Mukim Hulu Tembeling after five districts in Pahang were hit by floods.
The state disaster operations control centre said tourists would also not be allowed to enter Taman Negara in Kuala Tahan.
It also said that it was not advisable for light vehicles to traverse the road from Kuala Tahan toThe Mukim Hulu Tembeling and added that heavy vehicles were not allowed to use the same road.
Lipis, Jerantut, Raub, Maran and Kuantan had been struck by floods after incessant rainfall over the past few days.
As at 2am Sunday (Dec 19), the National Disaster Command Centre reported that 2,933 evacuees have been relocated to 57 relief centres across the five districts.
Meanwhile, Tenaga Nasional Berhad is in the process of restoring power to 14 affected areas namely Bandar Sungai Lembing, Jeram Takar, Kolong Pahat, Sungai Rimau, Terowong Sungai Lembing, Metra Admiral, Kampung Melayu, Pam Air Kuala Kenau, Sungai Mas, Kuala Kenau, Loji Penapis Air, Kilang Papan Wan Abdullah, Kolek and Soon Seng.